Are you a Production Accountant who is looking to take on the task of analysing, overseeing, and working with the production management team and corporate finance on production budgets? As the Production Accountant you’ll be providing analysis to the executive team regarding viability of projects, evaluating risks and opportunities and project financials.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions related to production inclusive of cost reporting, forecasting/cash flows, general accounting and analysis
- Working with the Executive Producers and Producers to manage the production budgets of projects
- Managing budgets, Estimated Final Cost (EFC) and other financial reports for clients and executive team
- Providing project information required for resources and facility forecasting and planning
- Providing accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, cash flows and headcount forecasts
- Providing accurate advice on relevant tax incentives
- Providing support to the production management team on project financial matters, including bids
- Providing ad hoc analysis of production progress and budgeting
- Working with the EPs to flag and resolve financial and budgetary issues
- 3+ years experience in a VFX production accounting role or similar
- Advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects
- Ability to work autonomously and within a larger financial team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Business or accounting qualification preferred
If this sounds like you, then get in touch! You will be joining one of the most highly awarded visual effects houses in Australia, where everyone is passionate about what we do!
Please put PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT in the subject of your email and send your availability and resume to email@example.com
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.