Alt.vfx needs a senior previs artist to start immediately on a major international project. Ideally you will be based in Brisbane or Sydney, but we are willing to discuss remote options (within Australia) for the right artist.
The artist will create master scenes with or without storyboards, pose characters, rough out timing and actions, and establish cameras to tell the story.
You will also:
- Support and troubleshoot technical and creative issues with others in the team
- Create and modify documentation for workflow and technical issues
- Work collaboratively with other departments for production efficiency
- Keep in constant good communication with the supervisor, leads, and production
- Proficient in Maya
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Eye for detail and continuity
- In depth understanding of the 3D pipeline for Previs and Layout
- Good understanding of camera set ups, staging, character posing, timing, editing and shot-to-shot continuity
- Foundational skills in modeling and texturing proxy props
- Foundational understanding of lighting setups and working with Maya viewport 2.0
- Good at translating storyboards into 3D shots including and not limited to camera composition and movement, as well as character blocking and timing
- Solid ability to model and create rough assets and FX
- Solid ability to complete rough lighting
- This opportunity will run for approximately 2-3 weeks with the distinct possibility of future work on other shows.
If this sounds like you, please send your reel and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org