Alt.vfx is an Australian visual effects company with a global focus across film, television and commercials. As the preeminent creature animation shop in the southern hemisphere, Alt.vfx partners with a variety of clients across a diverse slate including Netflix, Hulu, Paramount, NBCUniversal, Sony, Amazon and many more! We have our own purpose built mocap and VP sound stage which is part of our animation pipeline.
We are looking for talented Mid to Senior Animators to join our animation and creature team.
* Immediate start, short to long term contracts available. Visa and relocation assistance provided where applicable.
What we’re looking for:
- A positive and collaborative artist with 3+ years’ experience creating character and creature animation for VFX Films and TV.
- Expert Maya user.
- The ability to deliver animation solutions for shot specific requirements such as body mechanics, facial animation, and camera animation.
- You are a team player who can mentor and manage as easily as rolling up your sleeves and doing it yourself.
- You want to be part of a positive team environment contributing to great work and great company culture.
- Known for your organised and even-tempered approach in a deadline focused work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and time management skills.
- Previs and motion capture experience a bonus!
What you’ll do:
- Deliver consistent and quality key frame animation as well as animation using MoCap data.
- Partner with key creatives, supervisors and leads to develop the approach that ensures all elements achieve the desired look, as well as continuity.
- Be able to work without too much supervision.
- Maintain shot quotas set by supervisors, production and leads, whilst identifying problematic shots that may affect delivery schedules and communicate concerns to Leads and Supervisors.
- Your work should demonstrate an experienced ability to define character personality, create fluid motion, organic movement and storytelling.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch! You will be joining one of the most highly-awarded visual effects houses in Australia, where everyone is passionate about the work we do!
Please put MID–SENIOR ANIMATOR in the subject of your email and send your availability, reels (including shot breakdown) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org