Alt.vfx is looking for a talented Look Dev/ Lighting Artist to join the crew for an awesome new project, starting immediately.
The ideal candidate will have a good depth of experience across TVC as well as film, and understand the busy workflow of a world-leading VFX and post production studio.
This is a short term contract, and as such, will only be open to candidates with full working rights for Australia.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Creation and delivery of lighting set-ups, and textures & shaders, that match the creative and technical brief.
- Alt lighting is based on a Houdini / Mantra / Arnold pipeline in a Windows environment, applicants with experience in other industry standard 3d packages and renderers should still apply for this position
- Collaborate with supervisors, compositors, effects and environment artists in establishing robust and consistent workflow.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of shading principles and texturing procedures.
- Some experience with Substance Painter/ZBrush/Mudbox
- Good understanding of colour/bit depth/resolution and how they affect the texturing, lighting and compositing process.
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Our studio in Fortitude Valley in sunny Queensland is the heart of our global operations, and this role offers the right candidate a chance to join an amazing team working.
If you’d like us to shine our spotlight on your skillset, please email your latest reel and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with LOOK DEV LIGHTER in the subject line.