Alt.vfx is looking for a talented Mid level Look Dev / Lighter / Generalist to join our talented team.
The ideal candidate will have a good depth of experience across TVC as well as film, and understand the busy workflow of a world-leading VFX and post production studio.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Sound understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Good sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Creation and delivery of lighting set-ups, and textures & shaders, that match the creative and technical brief.
- Alt lighting is based on a Houdini / Mantra / Arnold pipeline in a Windows environment, applicants with experience in other industry standard 3d packages and renderers should still apply for this position
- Collaborate with supervisors, compositors, effects and environment artists in establishing robust and consistent workflow.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of shading principles and texturing procedures.
- Some experience with Substance Painter/ZBrush/Mudbox
- Good understanding of colour/bit depth/resolution and how they affect the texturing, lighting and compositing process.
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Any other visual effects skills you can bring such as model, texture, effects
This role offers the right candidate a chance to join an amazing team. We strongly encourage every aspect of personal development in the workplace. We facilitate a collaborative environment based on mutual exchanges of ideas and knowledge sharing.
You may have the talent and drive, but perhaps not the amount of on the job experience we would prefer. If you can demonstrate to us that you still have ‘what it takes’, we encourage you to apply.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position please email your latest reel and resume to email@example.com with LOOK DEV LIGHTER in the subject line.