Want to join us?
Are you ready to launch your career in the world of VFX as a Junior IO / VFX Assistant?
Alt.vfx is currently looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Junior IO / VFX Assistant to join our world leading VFX team!
Working on projects from the initial stage of ingesting rushes, through to creating final deliverables, and everything else in between – you’ll be an integral part of our team!
Your role has an important impact on the daily workings of the company, including supporting our studios around the globe. This is a fulltime position located in our cool and vibey Brisbane studio close to the James Street Precinct in Fortitude Valley.
About the Alt.vfx Team
Alt.vfx is an Australian visual effects company with a global focus across film, television and commercials with studios in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles and Tokyo. We partner with a variety of clients across a diverse slate including Netflix, Hulu, Paramount, NBCUniversal, Sony, Amazon and many more!
What makes you standout!
- Self-motivated ✔ Great communicator ✔ Detail oriented ✔
- An understanding of editorial and VFX workflows, from the offline edit, through VFX departments, to the final grade and online
- Knowledge of various areas within production and post-production, including cameras, lenses, colour spaces, file types, roto and tracking
- Solid understanding of file codecs and formats, and the differences between each
- You’re a forward thinker who understands how you can contribute to the bigger picture
- Strong experience with the Adobe Suite and Resolve
- You’re known for your positive attitude, problem solving skills and great work ethic!
- Familiarity with Nuke Studio is a bonus
- Experience with Python scripting – more bonus points!
- Worked with studio production software like Shotgun / ShotGrid
- Ingesting footage and wrangling data throughout the course of a project
- Conforming timelines to export individual shots and update edits as artists complete their work
- Communicating with third-party vendors for tracking, roto and cleanup services
- Working with the team to supply plates, elements and references
- Conforming timelines and consolidating media for colourists
- Supporting colourists throughout the grade by managing media and updating their project as needed
- Quality-checking final masters
- Creating deliverables for a variety of destinations (online, television, billboard)
Working at Alt.vfx
It’s an exciting time to join us! Here’s a peak at just some of the perks we’re launching:
- We embrace flexible working, with a “can do” approach to supporting your individual lifestyle needs.
- Great remuneration and rewards – leading our industry and setting lofty benchmarks with awesome salary, rewards, and recognition packages.
- Want to take some “me time” and recharge or give back to your community – we’ve got you covered with our generous leave options such as – Recharge Days, Professional Development Days and Paid Volunteering Leave!
- You’re a good human – that’s one of the things we love about you! And because we care about our people, our community, our environment, and our future – we offer donation matching (not for profit), payroll giving and an opportunity to be involved in sustainable and ethical initiatives.
- As artists working with emerging technologies, we’re a creative bunch and like to do things differently! We offer learning and growth opportunities that encourage collaboration, innovation, leadership, and the latest technology upskilling – but we also want to have FUN!
- We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates and values our differences. We are setting big goals for the future and taking action.
- We value your “whole self” – that’s why we support wellness benefits such as an annual Wellness Allowance for Fitness, Yoga & Meditation Classes. You’re welcome!
If you’re ready to do the best work of your career and join us, then get in touch!
Alt.vfx is committed to creating an inclusive work community where all our people feel valued and celebrated for their uniqueness! If you require assistance to fully participate in the application process, please reach out to Cassandra Brooker on the email below.
Please put “Junior IO / VFX Assistant” in the subject of your email and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org